Digital Marketing Specialist
Type of work: Full-time contract, end of January-June 4, 2022
Reports to: Marketing & Digital Manager
Salary: The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience
The Sydney Writers’ Festival encourages entries from all walks of life, communities and industries, and is committed to having a team that reflects diverse skills, experiences and abilities.
About the Sydney Writers Festival
The Sydney Writers’ Festival is one of the world’s largest and most beloved literary institutions. It is a place for readers, writers and thinkers to share ideas, tell stories and celebrate literature. Since our first festival in 1997, we have brought together thousands of writers and thinkers from Australia and around the world to Sydney. Each year, more than 400 writers participate in more than 300 conversations, debates, performances and round tables before a total audience of more than 80,000 people.
We pride ourselves on creating a festival that, through careful curation, acts as a barometer of the world around us and offers an invitation to hear powerful stories, era-defining ideas and some of the most exciting and inspiring voices. smarter in Australia and the world. The next Sydney Writers’ Festival will be held from May 16 to 22, 2022.
About the role
The Digital Marketing Specialist plays a key role in the Festival’s marketing and wider team, and is integral to the implementation of a large-scale and effective 2022 marketing campaign. They will be responsible for driving growth and engagement across all of the festival’s digital channels – including website, emails, social media and content platforms – and producing quality content and marketing initiatives. to promote the Sydney Writers’ Festival 2022 to a new and loyal audience. This role will suit someone who is an excellent communicator and multitasking with a solid understanding of the latest digital platforms and trends, writing skills, attention to detail and an appreciation for literature and the arts.
Role and responsibilities
- In consultation with the Head of Marketing and Digital, lead the development and implementation of the Sydney Writers’ Festival digital marketing strategy.
- In collaboration with members of the Marketing team, lead, develop and plan a web, email and social media strategy to support the Festival’s marketing campaign, including the creation of texts and content.
- Design and implement strategic content distribution initiatives that engage new and existing audiences.
Content and implementation
- Plan, write and distribute electronic newsletters (every two weeks during the sale, then daily throughout the week of the Festival).
- Work closely with the development team to provide benefits to sponsors.
- Work closely with the ticketing team to support the delivery of customer service notifications and updates.
- Produce and maintain a digital marketing calendar and content plan.
- Manage the Festival website, including content management, page creation and continuous improvement.
- Working with the Marketing team, grab all content on the Sydney Writers’ Festival website for our program launch and manage updates from program announcement to festival end.
- Work with our web agency on web development including testing and delivery.
Channel management and reporting
- Manage the Festival’s social media channels to ensure a consistent tone of voice and brand story, deliver specific social media campaigns, and oversee community management.
- Manage analytics and tracking for web and social channels.
- In collaboration with the Marketing & Digital Manager, plan and manage the social advertising of the Festival.
- Work with the Festival’s digital agency to plan, monitor and report on paid digital campaigns.
- Manage social analytics, respond to community queries in real time, and manage comments in accordance with Australian social media legal regulations.
- Provide detailed retrospective digital marketing insights for post-festival campaign effectiveness reports.
Basic skills required
- Experience in carrying out digital marketing campaigns.
- Experience with digital marketing channels including website, email and social media.
- Experience in managing paid digital campaigns on social networks and Google (can be in collaboration with a digital agency).
- Ability to work independently and multitask to meet competing priorities.
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics.
- Strong writing skills and the ability to create content and copy with minimal direction and editing.
- A creative and innovative approach to all tasks.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Umbraco, WordFly.
- Knowledge of the arts industry.
- Eye for design.
Submit an application
Applications should include:
- a cover letter explaining why you are the right candidate for this position
- an up-to-date CV.