Building a website is not child’s play, you need to have a taste for learning and have patience and determination to get a website project online on the Internet. The digital industry is booming these days, and so are the demands of web developers.
However, if you don’t know how to get started with building a website, don’t worry, every developer who codes day in and day out starts from scratch too. It is their determination and constant learning that has helped them get to where they are today. You can be like them or even better, you just need the right advice and be consistent about it
If you are looking to learn custom web development and have reached this article, then my friend, you have already taken a step towards your goal. This article mentions four basic steps that a newbie web developer can take into account when building a website.
Step 1: Determine the color and style of the text
If you are starting to develop a website, the first thing you need to do is decide on the color theme and text styles to use. This is the most important element because the whole color theme changes the impression of the website. In addition, the text style to be used has a great influence on the prominence of important texts on the website. In addition, different combinations of colors and texts are combined to achieve the right theme for the type of website you want to develop.
Just as all colors don’t fit together, different types of similar text don’t fit together. Therefore, there are some aspects on the basis of which text styles are selected:
- Readability to normal people as well as to the visually impaired.
- The contrast in the font family and their combination together.
- The larger, bolder font style for the title and the lighter font style for the paragraphs and subheadings.
Likewise, the selection criteria for the color theme are:
- Age range and gender of people targeted by the website. Ex: Brighter colors for young people and calming colors for adults, or pink and purple colors for websites targeting a girl audience.
- Logo of the company for which the website is to be designed.
- For what purpose custom web development the website must be used. Ex: If the website is for a grocery store, a greenish theme will be more appropriate.
Step 2 Design of wire structures
Wireframe is the basic infrastructure of the website, it is a design that defines the entire layout of all web pages that will encompass the entire website. Moreover, which component should be placed where and the size of each component, relative to each other, are also decided when designing the wireframe. Now during its development no code is written, the website pages are designed inside wireframe development software or other graphic design software.
Step 3: Frontend Development
- HTML: This is the hypertext markup language, it provides all the components of a website, like images, headings, paragraphs, etc. Basically, by writing HTML code, you are just creating the basic structure of the website.
- CSS: This is a cascading style sheet, it is used to style the HTML elements that are added to a web page. All of the beautifully designed websites you see on the internet are due to CSS alone.
Step 4: Development of the backend
The backend is the server side of the website, what we see on the screen is the client side. The website backend stores and manages data, and also ensures that the website front side is functioning properly. This is the section of the website that you cannot see or engage with. This is the part of the software that has no direct contact with the users. Users have indirect access to components and attributes created by backend designers through a front end application. Programming languages like PHP, Java, .Net, etc. are used for backend development.