Who we are
Nightjar is a Sydney-based experience design and technology company specializing in UX strategy, design and innovative technology. We partner with brands and startups around the world to create engaging design-driven solutions that have global impact. Our clients include Destination NSW, EVENT Entertainment & Hospitality, House of Heat, Sonoma, Armadillo, Lifeline, MAMA, Redsbaby, Two Good and ilume to name a few.
Nightjar is a tight-knit team and you will be counted on to be a contributing and involved member in terms of both your work, but also your attitude, work ethic and sense of adventure! The Nightjar team is truly global, and you’ll enjoy a mix of face-to-face interactions in our Surry Hills studio, as well as ubiquitous virtual workshops and video conferencing. (“You are muted!”)
Nightjars are a special breed; we strive to create work that gets results, and as a team, we break down the barrier of convention to deliver original and impactful experiences. We are passionate above all else, and you will need energy and enthusiasm to solve problems and the work that comes out of them. This unwavering dedication to quality means we were named Emerging Agency of the Year by B&T in 2020 and nominated for Studio of the Year by Awwward in 2020 and 2021. We also just landed a Webby for the launch of our ilume platform in January 2022.
As a Junior Digital Producer at Nightjar, you will work with Senior Producers to understand the opportunities and constraints of a given project. You will help lead producers set and manage expectations internally and with partners to deliver on time, within budget and against agreed targets. You will develop your full lifecycle experience from scope to delivery, so you can confidently navigate and prioritize business needs, resource management, schedules and finances to successfully navigate and deliver. all aspects of the project.
what you will do
- Provide overall account support, developing strong relationships internally and externally
- Key Resource Manager with Senior Producer guidance and direction
- Prioritize studio priorities/deliverables and ensure quality of work meets The Nightjar standard and partner goals
- Manage account P&L by negotiating scope of work, ensuring work is delivered within budget and partners are billed correctly
- Work with third parties, assist in the management of highly complex technical releases by forecasting delivery issues and creating mitigation plans
- Work closely with the leadership team to provide strong scope documents and pricing options for all engagements.
- Bring in specialists to collaborate on deliverables beyond Nightjar’s capabilities
- Constant and clear communication with our partners with a focus on managing expectations around schedules, deliveries and budgets, never compromising on quality and always being inclusive.
- Collaborate with the extended team to constantly refine the Nightjar process on a quarterly basis
- Short and medium term planning and resource management. Explore new tools to make this daily task easier as the Nightjar studio grows, keeping speed and ease of use in mind.
- Bring a strong sense of urgency to the studio in order to deliver as promised to partners.
- Definition of scope and management of scope drift, working within a value-based model
- Understand how to identify and manage risks within a project, working with the Operations Manager to perform pre-mortems when viable and leverage other “games” accordingly.
- Contribute to the daily running of the office (calendar, reception, logistics, supplies, studio environment), in a practical way. Corral other team members to help daily.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Intelligent and proactive leadership, constantly shows initiative
- Is a confident presenter and comfortable interacting with senior level clients
- Is not intimidated by the task of leading small projects and taking responsibility for their success
- Manages project fatigue, especially for long-lasting engagements, keeps the team on track and inspired daily
- Solution-oriented, entrepreneurial spirit with a strong penchant for action
- 1+ years of relevant experience delivering web, mobile and/or game platform projects
- On-Time Shipment Tracking
- Experience with low budget projects
- Experience in risk management
- Experience adapting project management methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, Lean, Kanban) to the needs of a given engagement/partner
- Experience working with common project management tools such as Asana, Jira, Confluence, Slack, etc.
- Excellent working knowledge of design processes, methodologies and principles
- Can show attitude with a smile – because no problem is too big to solve
Benefits of nightjar
- Green and charming studio environment in a cool hood
- Friday team lunches
- Monthly Nightjar Tours
- Yearly Nightjar trips away
- birthday day off
- Generous parental leave policy
- Friday afternoon “Wine & Refine” sessions to discuss what we did well and what we can improve with drinks to follow in our local
- Performance reviews and development plans to let you shine ✨
- Personal tax returns completed for you
- Training budget for whatever takes your fancy, we are always here to help you grow
- A team that surrounds you and is dedicated to doing their best for every given opportunity
- Work on award-winning projects and learn from Awwwards and Webby judges
- A grumpy Office Griffon by the name of Graeme????
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement – Nightjar’s Commitment to Protecting Our Team and Partners
Please note that in order to be on site during the recruitment process and if successful in the role, you will need to be triple-vaxxed. If you have any questions or concerns, please let us know during your application process.