Inspired? Speak frankly ? Half decent at a game of pool and enjoying a cold beer on a Friday? Then you might be the one for us! (Once we are back in our beautiful leafy IRL studios as soon as “it’s all over”…)
We are looking for a Digital Designer with experience working in UX / UI design to join our rapidly growing team based in Sydney, initially working on a 3 month contract.
Proud to be culture amplifiers, we are a multidisciplinary creative studio working in the entertainment, music and media industries around the world. Our clients include Spotify, Sony Music Australia, Warner Music Global, Universal Music, Foxtel, Paramount, EMI Music, ABC, Triple J, Entertainment One, the list goes on. And on. And on…
You will have the opportunity to work alongside our amazing design team on projects ranging from website and app design, to social media resources, to videos and animations, and everything in between! We are a creative studio specializing in website and digital design, so we want you to be the go-to in the cutting-edge UI and web user experience design team, with a passion for the latest. Web standards and design trends.
The position is currently a 3 month temporary position, but there is a possibility of extending it to a full time position if all goes well… (which we are sure it will!)
Your typical day will look a bit like this:
- Support and assist the creative team in the daily churn & burn, as well as in working on exciting individual projects that come your way.
- Work closely with our * brilliant * project managers to ensure that work is delivered on time and at the highest possible quality.
- Help us with the pitch-work and the concepts of our big colorful clients and their projects. A shiny new website? A killer new application at the cutting edge of technology? A digital experience that changes the game? Yes please!
You are the type of person who:
- Can easily adapt to ongoing projects and keep a cool head when the going gets tough.
- Can problem-solve creatively and confidently, always looking for ways to uplift and improve your work and guide those around you.
- Has a strong initiative and a great work ethic.
- Enjoy working in a creative team, as well as working independently on their own independent projects.
- Is open to the world, always thinks outside the box and likes to experiment.
You will have:
- Extensive experience in digital design.
- A good understanding of information architecture, UX / UI design, and responsive web design practices for web and mobile.
- A passion for the latest trends and standards of the web.
- The ability to follow directions, appreciate constructive feedback and meet deadlines effectively.
- Strong communication skills.
- The ability to work both within existing brand guidelines and on the development of new ones.
- A love of music and entertainment.
Bonus points for:
- Creative skills in illustration, photography and design.
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS and Java.
- Animated graphics.
- All other languages.
For more information about who we are, check out our website or social media. We have a large number of applicants and we try to process them all, so don’t be offended if we aren’t able to call everyone back. Please reapply if you were not successful before. We love to see how people develop in their careers.
Follow us on: https://www.instagram.com/madeinkatana To stay in touch and see a little more of our work.
We look forward to welcoming you to the MIK family and look forward to making some noise with you.