Sunset Cinema returns in Spring / Summer 2021 and 22 for its tenth season of outdoor films in multiple locations.
Our 2021 and 22 season will see well over 170 screening evenings scheduled in 5-6 cities for what we hope will be a chance for audiences to come back outside to enjoy the events and the cinema.
Sunset Cinema is fiercely independent. Those who own Sunset directly operate Sunset and we are passionate about providing unforgettable moments for all of our Sunsetters every screening night. Our company consists of a small, passionate head office team as well as occasional operating staff in theaters.
Description of the role:
As Sunset Cinema’s Marketing Manager, you will leverage our customer insight to shape our campaigns and marketing strategy through our traditional and digital channels including web, social, email, and referrals. Sunset Cinema’s marketing and content strategy is a critical key to reaching new customers and keeping our loyal customers informed. This role has a strong digital focus, both paid and organic.
The customer journey is everything, and by clarifying our message and focusing our communications on the customer, we have an incredible opportunity to tailor every customer journey, which ultimately leads to ticket sales.
You will be helped to execute a communications plan to ensure our summer presence in the community, encapsulating our brand identity and tone. We don’t like to just inform our customers, but to engage and talk to them directly.
This role will also work closely with the General Manager, Director of Partnerships and Director of Ticketing to execute both our marketing strategy and that of our paid sponsors. As well as helping to develop our program of films and events for the season.
- Manage, refine and execute the marketing strategy for the season
- Produce engaging content that speaks to our customers
- Manage and optimize Sunset’s organic and paid digital channels, including Facebook and Google Ads
- Coordinate our communication plan, including advertising elements
- Monitor and report on performance
- Use ticketing and CRM data to directly target Sunset’s different audiences
- Produce and send weekly EDMs to our various sites
- Coordinate creative resources on our different channels
- Ensure that the brand’s identity and tone are consistent, including its continued development
- Assist maintains an optimal website
- Participate in marketing and sponsorship partnerships through our channels
As we are a small team, we want a team player ready to take on ad hoc tasks as the season requires.
- A demonstrated passion and interest in the events, entertainment and / or film industry.
- At least 3-4 years of experience in marketing including digital, social media and direct mail
- Successful experience in creating and executing digital and traditional marketing campaigns
- An ability to embrace the Sunset vision and develop the brand across all customer touch points
- Ability to manage urgent projects and competing priorities
- Knowledge of graphics and / or video advantageous (Canva, Adobe CC)
This role is based out of our Sydney office, but given the current circumstances flexibility may be discussed. During the season, it may be necessary to move to our different locations.
As Sunset Cinema operates outside working hours, it will be necessary to be flexible in the working hours.
This is a 5 month full time contract position, starting as soon as available. An opportunity for an extension may present itself pending our 2022 calendar of events.
Applications close on Wednesday October 13, 2021.