DUBUQUE, IA, Jun 15, 2021 / 24-7PressRelease / – While university business and communications programs are essential to the marketing talent supply chain, some professionals say there are critical disconnections.
Students are not getting the skills to work in a digitally transformed, data-driven, metrics-driven marketing communications environment. Digitally savvy faculty members say a long-standing problem is the lack of up-to-date, professional-oriented textbooks.
“I’ve searched for years for a marketing textbook that really focuses on the communicative aspects of marketing,” said Karen Myers, professor and director of graduate studies at the University of California, Santa Barbara Department of Communication. “My current book was good about 10 years ago, but it hasn’t kept up with the latest digital trends. ”
Kendall Hunt’s new version, Integrated Marketing Communication: A Consumer Centric Approach for the Digital Era, by Thomas R. Flynn, James R. Smith and Michael F. Walsh is based on best practices and covers the most sustainable principles of marketing communication, while providing contemporary and digitally focused approaches to key topics in the field.
“The chapters in the book are packed with information that will really give students a feel for how marketing works today with effective visuals and up-to-date examples. It’s fantastic! ”Myers added.
“In addition to being a comprehensive academic textbook, it is also an industry text for professionals,” says Anthony Palomba, visiting professor at the Darden School of Business at the University of Virginia. “The recent cases are nuanced enough to show how important digital marketing is to the IMC ecosystem. This book also does a great job discussing digital strategies, targeting and using categories of consumer data to refine marketing efforts.
Journalist assets, reviews and content highlights
Contact the authors for interviews / comments / quotes / high resolution cover photo at: [email protected]
Publisher Link / Landing Page: Kendall Hunt Publishing Company: https://he.kendallhunt.com/product/integrated-marketing-communication-consumer-centric-approach-digital-era
© 2021, Kendall Hunt Publishing Company, Dubuque, IA ISBN-10: 1524943827 ISBN-13: 978-1524943820
Available in: paper version, digital manual and personalized edition.
“As a professor in the field of communications, I’ve been looking for years for a marketing textbook that really focuses on the communicative aspects of marketing. My current book was good about 10 years ago, but hasn’t kept up with the latest digital trends. “Integrated Marketing Communication: A Consumer-Centered Approach in the Digital Age” is extremely valuable as it combines the expertise and experience of three authors from different backgrounds. They have created a book that combines theory, industry terminology, and the latest trends in marketing and advertising from an industry insider’s perspective. The chapters are packed with information that will really give students a feel for how marketing works today with effective visuals and up-to-date examples. It’s fantastic!”
—Karen Myers, Professor and Graduate Director, University of California, Santa Barbara Department of Communication (April 2021)
“In addition to being a comprehensive college textbook, it’s also an industry text for professionals. The recent cases are nuanced enough to show how important digital marketing is to the IMC ecosystem. This book also does a great job discussing digital strategies, targeting and using categories of consumer data to refine marketing efforts. The full chapters cover major topics such as; attention economy, brand management, campaign budgeting, content marketing, loyalty programs, social media, strategic planning and traditional media. I really appreciate the details and focus on the metrics.
—Anthony Palomba, Visiting Professor, University of Virginia, Darden School of Business, (May 2021)
Highlights of the content
– Integrates the three fundamental IMC documents: consumer profile, creative brief and media plan.
– Focuses on the consumer journey, touch points and improving the consumer / customer experience.
– Identifies critical metrics and KPIs for digital tools: digital signage ads, content marketing, e-commerce, email, experiential marketing, mobile, search, social, social analytics, audio / video streaming, traditional media and Web sites.
– Understands the impact of COVID-19 on various BMI processes and consumer behavior.
– Covers hot topics such as: 5G, AI, brand focus, digital voice assistants, podcasting, public relations metrics and social media analytics.
– Explains the application of strategic, theoretical and data-driven approaches to the message creation process.
– Details budgeting, branding, creation, data analysis, public relations, promotion, traditional and digital media strategies, as well as tactics to improve results.
– Describes marketing and messaging automation software powering data-driven BMI, advertising / marketing technologies, CDPs and programmatic media buying to software suites like Adobe and Salesforce.
– Examines critical issues of regulation and protection of consumer privacy.
– Help readers speak using the language and terms currently used in digital marketing.
– Designed and written for use in academic and professional training environments.
Kendall Hunt Publishing, headquartered in Dubuque, Iowa, is a dynamic provider of quality educational products and services. Using a collaborative, solutions-based approach, Kendall Hunt partners with educators to develop affordable content tailored to the needs of students. Through a combination of superior service, innovative technology applications and an exceptional content library, Kendall Hunt delivers proven results for educators and students. Visit us at www.kendallhunt.com to learn more.
Press release service and press release distribution provided by http://www.24-7pressrelease.com