The new R3 2022 release reinforces Progress’ position as the UI tools provider of choice with new components and improvements for Blazor, .NET MAUI, Angular, React and more
Sydney, Australia, September 15, 2022— Progress (Nasdaq: PRGS), the trusted provider of infrastructure software, today announced the latest version of its portfolio of industry-leading developer tools, including Progress® Telerik®, Progress® Kendo UI® and Progress® Telerik® Test Studio®. With today’s R3 2022 release, Progress has introduced Progress® ThemeBuilder™ Pro, allowing developers and designers to implement design systems seamlessly into web applications, providing a higher level of design consistency without manual coding work. The company also announced advanced features for major development frameworks including Blazor, .NET MAUI, Angular, and React to help developers create a consistent, high-quality, and accessible user interface.
Implementing app design or a complete design system in app development requires significant coding work and is often accompanied by errors and misalignments between designers and developers. And once implemented, making changes to components requires a significant amount of time spent recoding. Application development and design teams need a tool that removes this complexity and makes it easy and seamless to realize the power of people-centered design in their applications.
Now available for Progress® Telerik® UI for Blazor, Progress® Kendo UI® for Angular and Progress® KendoReact™, ThemeBuilder Pro makes it easy for developers and designers to create their own design system in a visual interface, starting with Material, Bootstrap or Fluent design, and when done, implement this design system through their UI components , in web applications. They can make changes to themes in a visual user interface without needing to go into code, accomplishing in minutes what would typically take developers hours or days.
“Delivering compelling, people-centric user experiences is a critical success factor for organizations today,” said Loren Jarrett, executive vice president and general manager of developer tools, Progress. “Today’s release expands the breadth and depth of our UI libraries and gives new power to development and design teams to quickly and easily deliver apps that users love and businesses love. matter.”
Telerik Developer Tools and Kendo UI now feature Fluent, Material and Bootstrap themes, covering the most popular design languages and giving designers and developers the frameworks they need to create engaging and accessible product experiences.
New in Telerik:
- Telerik UI Progress for Blazor – With R3 2022, Progress provides the powerful PDF Viewer, Multi-Column ComboBox and Skeleton UI components. This brings the collection to a total of 100 components, making it the largest available on the market. Several data-related components such as Blazor Data Grid, TreeList, and Gantt have been enhanced, ensuring flexibility and customization capabilities for developers. Progress has also introduced further improvements in the accessibility compliance level of several components by implementing WAI-ARIA best practices.
- Progress® Telerik® User Interface for .NET MAUI – R3 2022 adds new components to the .NET MAUI cross-platform development suite, including .NET MAUI DataForm, Expander, and AutoComplete. The DataGrid has been updated with support for currencies and aggregates, keyboard navigation, and column footers. The UI library remains state-of-the-art with continued support for the latest version of Microsoft .NET MAUI.
- Across the Telerik UI portfolio spanning all .NET technologies, Progress brings to market compatibility with the latest version of .NET 7 to allow developers to use the latest from Microsoft in their projects.
Progress has released improvements and new components for .NET web, mobile, and desktop development in its UI Libraries, including Progress® Telerik® UI for ASP.NET MVC, Progress® Telerik® UI for ASP.NET Core, Progress® Telerik® UI for ASP.NET AJAX, Progress® Telerik® UI for Xamarin, Progress® Telerik® User Interface for WinUI, Progress® Telerik® UI for WPF, Progress® Telerik® User Interface for WinForms.
New in Kendo UI:
- Progress Kendo UI for Angular: The Angular PivotGrid component has been officially launched to help developers display multidimensional data in a cross-format. This offers an out-of-the-box feature set, including local and remote data binding directives, built-in expansion and collapse of row and column axes, and dynamic calculation of respective aggregates.
Kendo UI for Angular has been extended with new Drag & Drop and Circular ProgressBar components. Data grid enhancements include updates to keyboard navigation, saving and restoring column states, and maximum width column property.
- Progress® KendoReact™: A new Signature component and 35 enhancements have been released to existing KendoReact components for better accessibility to remove barriers to user experience. Productivity Tools includes a new Visual Studio Code extension containing code snippets. All components now support the latest version of TypeScript.
- Progress® Kendo UI® for jQuery: New components include SplitButton, DropDownButton and Signature. The jQuery data grid continues to receive valuable enhancements to make the developer and user experience smooth.
- Progress® Kendo UI® for Vue: The UI suite has been extended with new native Vue components, including TreeList, FlatColorPicker, ColorGradient, ColorPalette, ColorPicker, and Badge. New Vue Data Grid enhancements include support for loading indicators and detailed examples to highlight performance and live data processing capabilities.
New in Telerik Test Studio:
Progress introduces full desktop automation support in Progress Telerik UI for WinUI, Progress Telerik UI for WPF, and Progress Telerik UI for WinForms to help teams accelerate development and improve the quality of their applications. Progress also announced a modernized UX and UI, increased test stability, and plugin-free test logging and execution.
New in Telerik Productivity Tools:
With today’s release, Progress delivers improvements and new features for Progress® Telerik® Reports, Progress® Fiddler™ Everywhere and Progress® Telerik® JustMock™. The company announced a native Blazor report viewer, a new onboarding experience for Web Report Designer, and new Fiddler root export options, among others.
Telerik and Kendo UI R3 2022 version is available today. To learn more, visit the R3 2022 release overview page or register for the R3 2022 webinars: Progress® Telerik® .NET web, desktop and mobile products, Webinar Progress® Kendo UI® R3 2022 Release, Progress® Telerik® reporting, simulation and debugging tools and Studio R3 2022 Review.
Dedicated to propelling businesses forward in a technology-driven world, Progress (Nasdaq: PRGS) helps companies accelerate innovation cycles, fuel momentum, and accelerate their path to success. As the trusted provider of the best products for developing, deploying and managing high-impact apps, Progress enables customers to build the apps and experiences they need, deploy them where and how they want, and manage the everything safely. Hundreds of thousands of businesses, including 1,700 software publishers and 3.5 million developers, depend on Progress to achieve their goals with confidence. Learn more about www.progress.comand follow us on LinkedIn, Youtube, Twitter, Facebook and instagram.
Progress, Telerik, Kendo UI, Fiddler, JustMock, KendoReact, ThemeBuilder and Test Studio are trademarks or registered trademarks of Progress Software Corporation and/or its subsidiaries or affiliates in the United States and other countries. All other names contained herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Marine Géraud for Progress
+61 (0)411 424 136