HELSINGBORG, Sweden – For almost two weeks, from August 25 to September 25. On January 10, the annual Ikea Festival will host nine cities around the world around 10 topics to celebrate the creativity and inventiveness of people at home.
The festival will take place online worldwide and in nine host stores, including two in the United States: Austin, Texas and Brooklyn, NY, as well as in Madrid, Paris, Vienna, Shanghai, Stockholm, Sweden, Sydney and Tokyo .
The nine host stores will host daily in-store events, live shopping, social media content creators and a new web platform to watch the festival around the world as it focuses on food, sports, games, music and dance, nature, fashion and beauty, collecting, arts and crafts, concentration and well-being, and pets.
“It’s been a joy to watch the Ikea Festival grow over the past few years,” said Marcus Engman, director of the Ingka Group’s creative office. “This time we are focusing on people who want to spend more time on their hobbies and passions.
“A Billy bookcase is a Billy bookcase in every Ikea store around the world,” he added. “It’s when you bring him home that he transforms. This intersection is what we want to explore and celebrate during the Ikea festival. »
In addition to the nine host cities, the Ikea festival will take place in other Ikea stores, with activities such as speed meetings with furniture specialists, food trucks offering the latest Ikea food offer, in-store events and special offers for members of the Ikea family.
- August 26, Ikea Round Rock in Austin will kick off the festival with inspiration on how to transform your living space to co-create music, how to celebrate and make room for your musical instruments and memorabilia big and small, and a two-story nightclub open showing how you can flex your living space into a dance floor.
- On August 27, at Ikea Vienna Westbahnhof in Vienna, learn how to make famous vegan-style Viennese cookies, join a recycling workshop and watch the live opening of a new shop curated in one of the store’s famous cubes.
- August 28, Ikea Xuhui, Shanghai, will offer visitors a visit to the homes of two home furnishing colleagues with a passion for craftsmanship and home cooking. They will show how to organize tools and materials for crafts, as well as how to make wall decorations from scratch and finally how to make plum wine.
- On September 2, at Ikea Brooklyn, New York, highlights include a fashion show at Köket showcasing the best of Brooklyn design and advice on workspace and storage solutions.
- September 3, Ikea Tempe, Sydney, will offer an avid traveler’s advice on life in a small space van, a vegan foodie’s fresh insights into sustainable plant-based eating, and a live music set performed on Sydney Harbour.
- On September 4, in Stockholm, the new City of Ikea in convict features a day of online and in-store play, featuring live interviews with players from Sweden’s national game team, and a visit to the home of a celebrity chef and the home of a former athlete who will show his recreation room and his sneakers the compendium.
- On September 8, City of Ikea in Harajuku, Tokyo, features three live sessions to explore fashion tips from a future fashion icon. Also share your passion for collecting and get inspired by delicious yet simple recipes.
- On September 9, the game will be at the center of the day in Ikea San Sebastian de los ReyesMadrid, with a bedroom makeover for a young player and a panel discussion with a psychologist and Gen Z influencers regarding mental health and related to gaming, sports and music.
- Finally, on September 10, at Ikea Decoration, in Paris, viewers will meet a tufting expert, a florist building a Tiny House in the Vosges, and Milo, a cat like no other, shares his morning routine with his human.